VEGAN FOOD & BEVERAGE
Vegan quality assurance is a key driver in the food supply chain, which impacts the sustainability of your business and the marketability of your products. BeVeg offers a comprehensive range of vegan food safety, quality assurance and sustainability solutions to help you maintain consumer confidence and manage risk in the supply chain.
A COMPREHENSIVE RANGE OF VEGAN FOOD QUALITY ASSURANCE SOLUTIONS
From research, inspection, audit, testing, and certification, our global team of industry experts helps you assure that your operations and products meet the highest global vegan standards.
Our goal is to help you manage risk in the supply chain to prevent cross-contamination that would compromise vegan integrity. The BeVeg vegan certification trademark will help you safeguard your consumers against risk from misleading labeling, comply with local and governmental regulations, ensure vegan quality, safety, and vegan assurance throughout the diverse supply chains from storage, shipping, packing, and distribution of food and products. This is accomplished through audits, technical analysis, testing, and ingredient research.
Due diligence, audits, digital solutions, technology and experience build consumer trust.
VEGAN CERTIFICATION MEANS RESEARCH REVEALS:
NO ANIMAL INGREDIENTS
NO ANIMAL TESTING
VERIFICATION(RESEARCH, AUDITS, LAB TESTS)
BevVeg Vegan Coffee Standard
Coffee that is BeVeg Certified Vegan indicates that those coffee beans are conscious, meaning that they were grown with the habitat and environment in mind. BeVeg Certified Vegan coffee beans do not exploit animals, and do not destroy our animal habitat by clearing fields to create faster growing beans, to meet demand. Civet cat poop is a common delicacy for gourmet coffee in some countries that may surreptitiously added to your coffee. BeVeg Certified Vegan coffee beans grow in the shade or in fields that were already open. It is known that coffee beans grown in the sun grow faster and can be sold quicker for money, but this is not sustainable. Furthermore, BeVeg requires all coffee producers to show proof of an annual donation to a non-profit organization that exists for the purpose of saving the rain-forest or planting more trees.
VEGAN VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS
Looking for vitamins and supplements that are 100% free of any animal products or animal-derived ingredients is challenging. Already, the vitamin and supplements industry is less regulated than other industries and ingredient reading and research is daunting for the vegan consumer.
BeVeg is aware of the vitamin, mineral, and supplement sources to steer clear of in order to maintain valid vegan label claims. For example:
- Calcium: can contain bone meal
- Provitamin A and beta carotene: can come from animal tissue
- Collagen: a protein from animal vertebrates, cysteine and L-form can come from animal amino acids
- Vitamin D: can come from animals and sheep oil
- Estrogen: may be derived from cow ovaries and pregnant mares’ urine
- Fatty acids (caprylic, myristic , oleic, palmitic, stearic, behenic) can be of animal origin
- Fish oil: a common ingredient in vitamins from marine animals
- Gelatin: a protein obtained from boiling skin, tendons, ligaments and bones of cows, pigs, horses, and other mammals
- Glutamic acid: an amino acid often extracted from animals to be used as an antioxidant
- Glycerides/Glycerine: animal fat and used in some supplements
- Lactose: dairy derivative milk sugar taken from the milk of mammals
- Lethicin (Choline, Bitartrate): exists in all living organisms and obtained for commercial purposes from eggs, nerve tissue, blood, and milk, unless made from “soy”
- Linoleic Acid: essential fatty acid from animals
- Lipase: enzyme from the stomachs and tongue glands of baby cows and lambs
- Propolis: resinous substance collected from bees
- Progesterone: steroid hormone often from animals.
- Steroids (Sterol): various animal glands.
- Tyrosine: sourced from chicken feathers.
- Vitamin A: often from fish-liver oil (e.g., shark-liver oil), egg yolks or other animal origin
- Vitamin B12: usually an animal source
- Hyaluronic Acid: from rooster combs
- Glucosamine: from shellfish
- Chondroitin: cartilage of sharks
We will do the due diligence, research, inspection and technical analysis needed to ensure the consumer trusts your brand and your risk is managed and anticipated before the liability of a false misleading claim or product recall.
BEVEG IS THE WORLD’S LEADING PROVIDER FOR VEGAN QUALITY ASSURANCE
As a global leader in vegan testing, inspection, verification and certification services with experience, we offer in-depth expertise in addressing food industry and manufacturing challenges with respect to veganism. With global reach, and local experts, BeVeg can support you across the entire supply chain to protect your brand, build customer trust and open the door to a more profitable business that markets to the vegan interested consumer.
To discuss your requirements or to find out more about our vegan food, beverage, and/or vitamin quality assurance solutions, contact us today.